We’re Professional & Dynamic
SOCIOLOGISTS & SOCIAL WORKERS
First Step Organization (FSO) is an independent, non-political, and not for a profitable organization established in 2011 by a group of highly professional and dynamic sociologists and social workers to respond current needs of Pakistani people in order to sustain and strengthen and promote human rights culture, peacebuilding, and good governance initiatives and tackle the humanitarian crisis in south Punjab.
FSO is registered Under September 01, 2013 Society Act, XXI of 1860 (62) and The Punjab Charities Commission Act 2018 since its commencement organization is engaged in different community development initiatives with the support and coordination of civil society organizations and Government institutions.
Our Vision Mission
Our Vision is a passive society where people having prosperity, dignity, and fundamental rights on an equality basis.
Our Mission is to empower and transform the lives of destitute individuals and underprivileged communities through collective and focused efforts by using the best possible techniques and resources.
- To provide health & education facilities to the rural & marginalized communities.
- Empowerment of marginalized sections of society especially women socially, economically, and politically.
- Policy Advocacy and Lobbying on Human Rights Issues, to promote peace, Social & religious harmony.
- To strive for poverty alleviation by facilitating youth and women for learning and self-employment skills.
We specialize in different types of Skills. Here are our core competencies. Take a look at our Operational Stategies.
Mobilization & Organization of Marginalized Communities
Sensitization and Awareness Raising
Conducting Grassroots Level Research
Advocacy, Lobbying and Networking
Provision of Essential Services
Linkages Development & Information Dissemination
Where We Work
Districts of South Punjab, focused working districts are Multan, Muzaffargarh, Layyah, Bahawalpur, Lodhran, and D.G.Khan
Our Sources of Funding
FSO believes in volunteerism however for smooth operations and community welfare tasks, FSO has established Fund Raising Unit. The organization is generating resources & funds from below mentioned sources:
01 - Members Donations
02 - Community Donations
03 - Grants from National and International Donors
04 - Support from Government Institutions
- Disable persons
- Health and Hygiene for School children and community
- Women (especially those victims of poverty and injustice)
- Youth and Marginalized Communities
- Religious and Ethnic Minorities
- Government Departments
- Marginalized communities
- Local networks, advocacy groups, and coalitions
- Training and research institutions at the Punjab level
- Poor and especially those living on and below the poverty line
- Community groups
- Political and social activists, local community networks
- Development professionals, literary groups, labor organizations, farmers, and workers’ groups